If you need a smaller group to provide music for an event or occasion, consider the variety of music available from the affiliated groups below. The groups charge no fixed rates. Instead, they accept donations for the Bloomington Community Band’s operating fund. In recent years donations have ranged between $100 and $300 for 1- to 2-hour performances. (In some cases, the groups perform without a donation to the Bloomington Community Band, depending on the occasion.) For samples of the types of music available, visit the web pages below.
- Bloomington Bones, up to six trombones that play a very eclectic selection of music from jazz to classical
- The Hungry Five German Band, 2 clarinets, a trumpet, a trombone, and a bass, performing oompah-type German Band music
- Bloomington Jazz Orchestra, a 17-piece group, performing big band classics, jazz standards and the American song book
- Heritage Hall Ramblers, a small ensemble playing traditional Dixieland band favorites
- The Original B’town Clarinistas, a clarinet ensemble with a wide range of music styles